Thursday, February 2, 2012

January Round-Up

It's hard to believe that the first month of a brand new year is already behind us! I'm thrilled with my business progress for January 2012 so I thought I would share it with you.

My goal for the month was to get to 160 listings in my Etsy shop (that was my own personal "magic number"). I am currently sitting at 136 listings with a couple of items completed and photographed that I still have to list and a couple of items that sold this week that I still have to relist, so overall not too bad. I had noticed last year that once I maintained approx. 120 items in my shop sales were much steadier. Whether I appear more frequently in search results, have a wider variety of items for shoppers to choose from, or a combination of those factors (and others I'm sure) it is always nice to see that "Congratulations you have a sale" notification more and more frequently. Let's hope that every month continues to show such a good growth over the previous year!
Total number of sales for January 2012: 12
Total number of sales for January 2011: 4

January also saw me place my first order for bulk supplies and I am now able to offer both miniature bookmarks and keyrings as wholesale items or bulk buys (such as wedding or shower favours). I also have a massive stockpile of envelopes on hand and am ready to tackle the year and continue to expand.

Looking ahead to February....
Goals for February include getting to (and maintaining) my 160 shop listings, expanding my collection of charms for all the items I make, develop and list my collection of charm bracelets, introducing a new line of gunmetal jewellery and posting more frequently on my blog and facebook pages. Whew! Looks like it is going to be a busy month!

What do you have planned for the month ahead?

No comments:

Post a Comment