Friday, November 18, 2011

Meet Local Artisan Little Jenny Wren

What would you like people to know about you as a person?
I'm a stay at home mom and a teacher. I love everything diy, and especially textiles. I love to sew, crochet and dangle in upcycling projects.

Tell me a bit about your art and your products. What inspires you?
I love baby stuff- so cute! I first started crocheting as a hobby and I had a hard time finding plain, cute things for my son to wear. He is a great model, and I find myself evolving my creations based on what he likes or what I want him to wear. I design and make all of my hats.

How do you share your creations? Where can we find you?
i have an etsy shop (www.littlejennywren.etsy.com), a fb page and I have my hats in some local businesses.


What is your most important lesson since starting your craft/business?
Be flexible. Try something out and see your customer's reaction. If it doesnt' work, try something else. I do alot of custom orders- this way I can make it to the customer's specifications.

Some Fun Tidbits:
Coffee, tea or hot chocolate? Coffee. Although I love earl gray tea
Your favourite candy? Those squishy red strawberry marshmellows.
Your favourite colour?Green.
Your favourite movie? Anything with Owen Wilson
If I were to catch you grooving it would be to this song... Kenny Chesney or Jewel. Good songs to get creative to!

No comments:

Post a Comment