Monday, August 15, 2011

The Halfway Through The Year Mark

It's hard to believe that half of 2011 has already come and gone. What a year it has been!!! Despite afew bumps along the way including pregnancy, a newborn, a postal strike, putting the house up for sale and a death in the family I am pleased with both how my business has grown and how I have slowly but surely begun to save some major money couponing/sale matching.

What will the rest of the year have in store for us? Above all else I am of course hoping for the health and well being of my wonderful family. I can hardly believe that my oldest just turned 3 and the baby is now a bubbling 4 month old! Hopefully we are able to sell our house in the next couple of months and I only have one more dress size to loose and I will be the same size I was pre-baby #1!

On a business front I sold 58 items in my Etsy shop in the first half of the year. Not bad given everything that went on. I think that selling 70 items from that shop for the second half of the year (an increase of approx. 20%) is a reasonable goal given my ability to focus a little more on it, that it is the holiday season and that I have almost doubled my inventory selection. I am hoping to reach the 120 listing mark and be able to maintain that, if not grow it more, through the holiday season. As for my Artfire studio it has come a LONG way. Thanks to the Heartsy promotion I have grown my sales numbers there to an amazing 214. Hopefully I have some return customers through the second part of the year and continue to have new buyers find my treasures there.

On a couponing front I have $759.80 left to go to reach my coupon savings goal by the end of the year. While that may seem like a lofty endeavour the first portion of the year was really spent learning the ropes. Now that I have a bit of a handle on things I believe it is absolutely do-able (I save $26.50 on today's shopping trip alone) plus I will be able to redeem some airmiles, hbc points and optimum points shortly which will help me reach that goal.

What are your plans/goals for the rest of the year? Can you believe that we are talking holidays already?????

No comments:

Post a Comment