Thursday, April 22, 2010

Front Page Etsy Tags

I don't know about you but tagging my items can sometimes give me a headache! I can ususally get to tag #10, sometimes more, before I run out of ideas but those last couple always seem to be just out of my reach and I end up filling them in with my shop name or location. I want to make sure that I am tagging appropriately so I don't just want to throw anything in there. I decided to start keeping a list of tags that appear on the front page of Etsy as a reference and I thought others might find it useful as well. Here are some of this week's with a front page that stated "found using search term x" or "inspired by x":

*tropical
*blossom
*robin's egg (the colour)
*sunset
*gadget
*diy
*relax
*milk
*oatmeal (the colour)
*eco-friendly
*spring

What other one's have you noticed? Do you have any tagging tips to share?

3 comments:

  1. I seem to have just as much difficulty in deciding what tags to use. I am concerned that I might be tagging too much, or the wrong ones etc. Thanks so much for this post Kawartha, very helpful :D

    Cheers and Blessings,
    Marie ~ Ethereal Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! I hope to make it a consistent feature as I know many of us struggle with tags. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete